Monday, October 30 – Wednesday, November 1, 2023 | Pittsburgh, PA
Science gateways are end-to-end solutions with easy-to-use interfaces enabling the application of complex research infrastructures such as computing and data infrastructures, instruments, and other domain-specific resources to support research and education. Science Gateways are also called research portals, virtual research environments, eScience, virtual labs, eResearch, digital repositories, or research cyberinfrastructure.
Gateways 2023 is an opportunity for science gateways to showcase their ability to teach, empower and engage research, and provide technologies to various communities. It will also offer diverse options for sharing work and networking in the community. The format includes tutorial sessions, presentations, panels, posters, demos, and a BYOP - Bring Your Own Portal.
Being that Pittsburgh is the city with the most bridges in the world, we want to focus on the theme of building bridges between ourselves and across different groups. We welcome a wide variety of topics, as listed below. In your submissions, we invite you to consider how we can build bridges within the gateways community, between science and cyberinfrastructure, between academia and industry, and between gateways and the larger public.
Submission types include presentations, demos, panels, tutorials, BYOP - Bring Your Own Portal, and posters! Submission topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures, frameworks, and technologies for science gateways
- Science gateways sustaining productive, collaborative communities
- Support for scalability and data-driven methods in science gateways
- Improving the reproducibility of science in science gateways
- Science gateway usability, portals, workflows, and tools
- Software engineering approaches for scientific work
- Aspects of science gateways, such as security and stability
- AI and ML for science gateways
- Social research on science gateways
- Science gateways curriculum impact
- Use cases and lessons learned from science gateways
- Interconnection of domain and technology
Presentations, demos, panels, and tutorials are due June 5, 2023.
BYOP - Bring Your Own Portal and poster submissions are due August 7, 2023.