The AI and Big Data team at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center is pleased to announce that the Neocortex Spring 2023 Call for Proposals is now open. Proposals are welcomed for access to Neocortex, an innovative and exciting NSF-funded AI supercomputer. Neocortex features specialized Cerebras hardware technologies to accelerate AI and HPC research in pursuit of science, discovery, and societal good. We are accepting and reviewing applications on a rolling basis until April 12th. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
There are four tracks of project proposals:
- ML workflows leveraging models as-is from the Cerebras Modelzoo using PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- Supported models include Transformer style models such as BERT, GPT, Transformer, T5, and ViT. 2D UNet models are also supported with limited functionality.
- ML workflows leveraging models similar to those of the Cerebras Modelzoo using PyTorch and TensorFlow.
- General purpose projects leveraging the Cerebras SDK and CSL (the Cerebras equivalent of CUDA).
- Domain specific programming on structured grids leveraging the specialized WFA API.
Before applying, we encourage interested researchers to view the slides and recording from our informational webinar and review the call for proposals guidelines. Questions regarding Neocortex or the application process are welcomed at email@example.com.
If your proposal is successful, we expect your team would be granted access around mid-May. As a friendly reminder, there is no cost to access and use Neocortex for open research.