Updated Timeline as of 11/27/2023:
- January 2024 - Reduction in number of SKX/ICX nodes, reduction in queue maximums
- January 2024 - Stampede3 file system available for data migration
- February 2024 - Early user period for Stampede3
- March 2024 - Stampede2 file system decommissioned
- March 2024 - Stampede3 in full production
*All dates subject to change based on hardware availability and condition
Over the next few months, Stampede2 will transition to Stampede3. In order to ensure this transition is as smooth as possible, please carefully read the following information.
For Existing Allocations:
- Stampede2 allocations will NOT automatically transfer to Stampede3. At this time, if you wish to access Stampede3, you will need to submit a new allocation request via ACCESS. Additional opportunities may be available in the future.
- Data that is stored in /home and /scratch must be migrated by the user before the end of February 2024. We also recommend that you backup your data to another location, such as your own local hard drive or Ranch, as soon as possible.
- The current /work file system will be mounted on Stampede3, so any data saved to /work will be accessible on the new system. However, we encourage researchers to backup all Stampede2 data at this time if they have concerns about preservation.
For New Allocations:
- You may now submit new allocation requests for Stampede3 via ACCESS: https://allocations.access-ci.org
- Additional opportunities may also be available in the future
We will continue to post updates regarding the transition as installation progresses.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via the TACC User portal: