The following sentence in our recent announcement needs clarification:
- "XSEDE support for Globus and Grid Community Toolkit client software, including the myproxy, gsi-openssh, and globus-url-copy commands, will end. "
XSEDE will no longer support the Globus Toolkit client software, and the Grid Community Toolkit client software, which provide the legacy commands myproxy-init, myproxy-logon, gsi-openssh, and globus-url-copy.
The Globus Data Transfer service is not affected and will continue to be available after August 31, 2022. Globus Data Transfer provides both a web based interface and a more modern command line interface for moving data.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 31, 2022, if you have any questions about the unsupported tools.
Posted by Shava Smallen on 08/11/2022 17:43 UTC
When XSEDE ends on August 31, 2022 the following software and services will no longer be available:
- The SSO login hub at login.xsede.org (https://portal.xsede.org/single-sign-on-hub)
- XSEDE username and password identities. These will turn into ACCESS identities with the same password. Expect more information from ACCESS.
- XSEDE support for Globus and Grid Community Toolkit client software, including the myproxy, gsi-openssh, and globus-url-copy commands, will end.
- The xdusage command-line client (https://portal.xsede.org/software/xdusage) will only report XSEDE usage through mid-August, 2022. ACCESS will introduce a new accessusage command in the coming weeks that reports all XSEDE and ACCESS usage moving forward.
Please reach out to email@example.com before August 31, 2022, if you have any questions.