Learn how to get started with Globus. See how easy it is to get your data to and from ACCESS resources (a few megabytes to tens of terabytes at a time) and why over 1,600 campuses and research organizations offer Globus services for managing research data. Learn how to move data between your campus and ACCESS systems, how to schedule recurring transfers and synchronization tasks, and how to share your data on an ACCESS system with your collaborators at multiple institutions.
In this webinar you will learn how to get started with Globus and use your laptop, tablet, or smartphone to transfer and share data with your campus and ACCESS resources.
We will demonstrate how to:
· Use your campus ID and ACCESS ID with Globus
· Find and browse your personal, campus, and ACCESS data storage in Globus, and transfer data among them all, securely and reliably
· Use your web browser to upload and download files with ACCESS resources
· Share access to your data with others so they can help you with your research
· Set up a timer to sync data or automate transfers between two locations
Director of Professional Services, University of Chicago, Globus
Lee Liming is the Director of Globus Professional Services at the University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory, leading a team of developers who use Globus services and the Globus platform to build and sustain innovative research and education applications and systems. Lee has held many different positions during his 20 years with Globus, including project manager, software development manager, technical writer, and subscriber engagement manager, and has contributed to a diverse set of sponsored research programs building systems to advance national supercomputing services, biomedical research and informatics, civil engineering, and climate science. Lee holds a degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Michigan.
This event will be held via Zoom and dates/times are in US Central Daylight Time