This virtual seminar will introduce data visualization techniques and tools. Attendees should have some prior knowledge of programming and data analysis. The 90-minute seminar will focus on essential concepts and hands-on experience in data visualization.
- Introduction to Data Visualization (15 minutes):
- Importance and Applications
- Principles of Effective Visualization
- Tools and Technologies (20 minutes):
- Overview of Popular Visualization Tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Matplotlib)
- Hands-on Demonstration
- Designing Visualizations (20 minutes):
- Data Preprocessing and Cleaning
- Selecting the Right Visualization Type
- Aesthetics and Customization
- Interactive Visualizations (15 minutes):
- Creating Dynamic and Interactive Plots
- Real-world Case Study
- Q&A and Closing Remarks (20 minutes):
- Open Discussion and Questions
- Summary and Takeaways
Who Should Attend: This seminar is suitable for data scientists, analysts, researchers, students, and faculty interested in leveraging data visualization to enhance decision-making and storytelling.
Prerequisites: Attendees should have a basic understanding of data analysis and programming. Familiarity with specific visualization tools is a plus but not required.
Materials and Resources: All attendees will receive access to seminar materials, code samples, and additional resources to continue learning and exploring data visualization techniques.