We are excited to announce that the CIML Summer Institute will be held in-person at the University of California, San Diego.
- Preparation Day (virtual): Tuesday, June 20, 2023 from 9am - 11am (Pacific Time)
- Summer Institute (in-person): Tuesday, June 27 – Thursday, June 29, 2023
- Location: 15th Floor at the Village Room A & B, UC San Diego Campus
Deadline: Friday, April 7, 2023
The Cyberinfrastructure-Enabled Machine Learning (CIML) Summer Institute introduces machine learning (ML) concepts to researchers, developers and educators to techniques and methods needed to migrate their ML applications from smaller, locally run resources, such as laptops and workstations, to large-scale HPC systems, such as the SDSC’s Expanse supercomputer. Participants will have the opportunity to accelerate their learning process through highly interactive classes with hands-on tutorials using SDSC’s Expanse.
- Overview of High-Performance Computing (HPC) and Parallel Computing Concepts
- Instructional and hands-on exercises focused on HPC techniques, Machine Learning, Scalable Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Team works on prepared training problems
- Knowledge or experience with machine learning is required
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux shell
- Basic programming skills (especially Python) are strongly recommended
"I would highly recommend the CIML program! It was a fantastic opportunity to learn about some of the latest and greatest machine learning tools available. The instructors were all highly knowledgeable, very helpful, and also incredibly generous in sharing a variety of codes for carrying out a variety of machine learning projects."
- Gianmarc, 2022 CIML attendee
"I would recommend this program to anyone who wants an introduction to high performance computing systems and how to interact with them. You will gain familiarity with running basic jobs but also gain the conceptual understanding of a multitude of frameworks to be able to apply your learning to almost any scalable project in the future"
- Sahil, 2022 CIML attendee
"I would gladly recommend this program to any grad student. I found this course very useful as a graduate student. It gave me lots of new exposure on how to use new machine learning frameworks and how to use a HPC with machine learning. All the sessions were very understandable and applicable for my own work."
- Thivanka, 2021 CIML attendee
"I highly recommend this program! It will give you solid understanding of how to make your ML workflow scalable and run it using HPC resources. The content/material is excellent and the lessons have a really good balance between being broad enough and specific enough. The organization was impeccable."
- Bruno, 2021 CIML attendee
Full details can be found on the website.