ACCESS MATCH Services connects researchers with consultants, mentors, and students to help solve their research problems.
We will match you with a support team based on your needs.
Solve research needs like expanding code, transitioning from lab computers to HPC, or introducing new technologies.
Steps in a MATCH Plus Engagement
Researcher (PI) recognizes support need and submits an engagement request.
A mentor and a student are matched with the project.
Student carries out the project with a mentor and PI through regular meetings.
MATCH Plus FAQ
How can I find out if my project is a good fit for a MATCH engagement?
What’s the timeline for a MATCH Plus engagement?
What are example Milestones in a MATCH Plus engagement?
- Understand code/research problems
- Identify CPU & memory requirements
- Profile code
- Identify hot spots
- Outline plan for improvements
- Apply for ACCESS resources
- Identify appropriate resources
- Create estimation of SUs required based on testing and profiling.
- First round of implementation of improvements
- Github repository made public
- Documentation complete
- Public wrap presentation
- Ramp Up
- Discuss recurring meeting schedules (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Tutorials (Intro to GPU computing)
- Jetstream accounts setup, access/navigation
- Test run ice sheet flow simulations on GPUs, view results
- Identify and rank top 1-3 bottlenecks
- Alleviate top 1-3 bottlenecks
- Develop a performance portable hardware (or architecture) agnostic implementation
- Wrap up
- Prepare conference poster/proceeding
- ACCESS Wrap meeting/presentation
How is a student and mentor matched to an MATCH Plus Engagement?
How much time commitment is involved for students?
How much time commitment is involved for mentors?
Use expert consultants to help with your compute research challenges.
Proposal support may be available if you need significant or unusual allocations, including projects where a well designed plan will maximize scientific output.
Steps in a MATCH Premier Engagement
Researcher submits a project and secures funding.
Consultants are matched with the projects and payment is arranged.
Consultant carries out project with PI.